The Pisces astrological sign
Born between February 20th and March 20th, Pisces belong to the Zodiac water element, symbolized by two fish that swim in opposite directions. The symbol represents the constant attention divide between reality and fantasy, and as the last sign, Pisces has taken in all the lessons that have been learned by all the other 11 signs. This fact makes the symbol the most empathetic, compassionate, and psychic of the astrological wheel. Due to the high sensitivity, Pisces are easily affected by other people’s emotions and must remember to maintain their focus on the material realm.
Since they are ruled by Neptune, the celestial body which governs dreams and creativity, Pisces have an artistic talent. They are the most artistic zodiac sign, with no boundaries on their creativity. In a rather nefarious manner, Neptune also oversees escapism and illusion, with energy like that of the ocean, mysterious, magical, and sometimes scar.
The positive and negative traits of Pisces
Pisces are known to live in their own world, with a tendency of detaching, being spiritual, and focusing on their inner journey of finding peace and harmony. They are friendly and likeable, but still they can also be introspective and moody. Below are some of the positive and negative traits of Pisces.
The positive traits
1. Empathetic- Pisces have high empathy with a friendly disposition and a high imagination. They can empathize even with persons who they dislike.
2. Artistic- They are known to be the most artistic sign of the zodiac since they are ruled by planet Neptune. Their perspective of the world is unique, which makes them see things in an artistic and creative manner.
3. Emotional- They are the most in tune and prone to other people’s infectious emotions. They are saddened by other people’s sadness and tend to love people unconditionally.
4. Selfless- They are known for their generosity and selflessness, no matter how badly they are treated by others. They are always there when needed.
5. Natural healers- This power enhances their ability to offer consolation to the broken hearted and help people who are needy.
The negative traits
1. They are moody- Although sweet, Pisces are known for their tendency of having an attitude and being moody, and during these moments, it is best to just give them some space because they may not even understand why they are moody.
2. They can be too negative- When down, Pisces feel every negative thoughts all at once. They do not easily get over issues and sometimes take too long to recover from a bad experience.
3. Lazy- When unmotivated, Pisces can be extremely lazy, and are sometimes said to be emotionally lazy because they seldom put in effort to make things right. They tend to withdraw when they feel like their efforts of making things better are futile.
4. Escapists- They are mostly dreamers who get lost in their imagination.
5. Idealistic- Because they are idealistic, they find themselves walking alone because they may overly trust other people and become betrayed, hurt and vulnerable.
Advice for the Pisces
As a Pisces, you should first figure out which of the Pisces traits is applicable to you. Generally, however, it is important to not let people take advantage of you because of your naturally caring nature. Also check yourself constantly so as not to neglect your own needs as you attend to others.
How to get along with Pisces
Because of their willingness to help others, Pisces are among the easiest signs to get along with. However, it is important to note that Pisces can sometimes feel that people are not reciprocating the good they are offering them, so it is best to be concerned about them as well.