Born between 20th April and 20th May, Taurus belongs to the earth element of the zodiac, with an astrological symbol represented by the bull constellation. Just like their sign, Taureans are known for being intelligent, dependable, hardworking, dedicated and stubborn. In addition to being the second sign of the zodiac, Taurus is also ruled by the planet Venus, who represents the traits of artistry, beauty, hedonism and love of comfort and luxury. Taureans are actually very nice people to be around.
The positive and negative traits of Taurus
The positive traits
1. Logical – they have high common sense and are mostly called upon for advice by others because of their logical thinking.
2. Trustworthy and generous – they are generous to those around them and love maintaining relationships after earning trust. They are compassionate and caring, very direct and honest with those around them and are good at keeping secrets.
3. They are very determined, and dedicated to what they do. They will stretch to all possible limits to complete a task.
4. They are kind and understanding – as natural born leaders, they have very strong understanding and observational skills. They are realistic, and deal with facts not fiction.
5. They are patient – they can wait without anxiety, and have a desire to ponder over things, only making a move after analyzing it from all angles.
6. They are organized – they are keen on gathering details before strategizing. They are good at using their diplomacy in moving things in the right direction.
The negative traits
1. Jealous and possessive – they tend to be overly dependent on relationships and too concerned with wealth acquisition, so as to make their lives more comfortable. They become jealous when someone threatens the things they value, and also when it comes to appearances and physical pleasure. Their materialistic nature can make them overly possessive with both people and things.
2. Lazy – they are mostly laid back with a calm attitude and mind presence. They like taking time off daily chores to relax and enjoy life.
3. Stubborn – they are stubborn especially when they believe they are right. They do not easily change their mind after settling down in a particular routine.
4. Dependent – most of the time they struggle to find their own autonomy. They often expect to be the center of attention, constantly having someone revolving around them.
5. Imbalanced – they can procrastinate, and have difficulty balancing their work and relaxing times because of their love for leisure.
6. Materialistic – they love comfort and luxury, and are full of big plans for a good life. They have a taste for the finer things, and a tendency to spend their resources excessively on leisure and luxury.
Advice for the Taurus
With self-awareness and self-acceptance, you have all the qualities you need to be successful. People count on your dependability and appreciate your sense of responsibility and dedication. If you downplay your love for leisure, material things, and overbearing tendencies, you will be in control of your negative traits and on your path to prosperity.
How to get along with Taurus
Never push a Taurus, especially if you are pushing them to something that they do not approve of. Taureans are stubborn, and not easily convinced. In the rare event that a Taurus reaches their boiling point, you should not patronize them as this only makes them angrier. Do not insult a Taurus, especially about their works and ideals, lest they become angry with you. Taureans do not like people who are ignorant or arrogant, or worse, fake people, be warned they can detect ‘fake’ people very well.